Monday, March 24, 2014

Refinerating

   Just a quick comment on this dev post, regarding the upcoming summer expansion. I like what I see, and am quite willing to defer to more dedicated numbers people that the changes will not be catastrophic. Given that I've been working more out of wormholes lately, having the ability to refine and compress in a POS changed for the better makes it more likely that I'll dabble in actually manufacturing some stuff with the spare minerals we accumulate. We'll see if I can actually make use of that feature with my limited playtime.

   I hope this has the effect of shifting more industry out to Null, though I wonder how many people will actually want to risk their researched blueprints in capturable stations. Time will tell, I suppose. Honestly, I don't know enough about what goes on behind the Sec-curtain to be at all insightful in this field.

   Regardless, however nice this is, I hope we see something decidedly new for the summer expansion as well, not just improvements to existing balance. I would really like an expansion I can be excited about, rather than one that makes me go "oh, that's nice." Still, there will be plenty more to consider in the next month or two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment